We have reduced the weight of this model by using smaller tube diameters and thinner tube walls. The Frog 44 weighs only 6.39kg. Along with this weight saving, we have lowered the bottom bracket to achieve a more ergonomic position on the bike.
One of the biggest temptations is to buy a bike your child will 'grow into'. However, this is likely to have the opposite effect and put your child off bikes and cycling altogether! This new frame has a longer steerer tube which includes a 10mm spacer ontop of the stem. This allows room to move the handlebars into a higher position as they grow.
Another common mistake is to purchase a budget bike but these models are often as heavy as the child and leads to tears and frustration at not being able to cycle. Our lightweight bikes are a great confidence booster and can also be used as a balance bike for a taller child by removing the pedals.
Wheel Size: 16" inch
Why buy a Frog 44?
- Lightweight but sturdy frame making the bike easy to manoeuvre for your child and easy for you to carry
- Tektro brakes with small, easy to reach brake levers. Better control means improved confidence for young riders
- Patented Frog cranks for easier pedalling reduces the distance between the pedals increasing efficiency and comfort
- Free 5 year warranty on frame and forks
- Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
Any accessories ordered at the same time as the bike that can be fitted will be fitted for free.
We recommend fitting a kick stand for easy storage and to prevent the bike getting scratched and preserve the resale value.
View all Kids Clothing
Please note that the Mudguards that come with the bike are only for the Hybrid style tyre and will not fit the MTB style tyres.
How to work out your Frog bike size required.
Check out our guide on how to teach you child to ride in 30 minutes